In order to create a future learning space for the girls of the Zaatari Refugee Camp I thought it first essential to explore the following questions.
- What does education look like for girls now? Is it suitable?
- What barriers are girls facing in receiving an education?
- How do we overcome these barriers?
- What is important to the girls in the Zaatari refugee camp?
- What do they need?
- How can I create positive change in their lives?
In doing so I gained a deeper insight and understanding into what was needed to ensure these girls could receive an education as well as what learning experiences would enhance their lives. In order to collate my thoughts and ideas about what this future learning space might look like I have put together a video which you can access on the ‘Learning for Life’ page. It is my hope that this future learning space that is a safe and supportive environment free from discrimination will encourage the girls of Zaatari to gain an education as well as empower them to be great and reach their full potential.